ydl30.torrent available

Daniel Resare yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 2 09:05:00 2003

fre 2003-05-02 klockan 16.46 skrev philphil:

> Can you elaborate as to why you need to do this?
>
> Phil Wong

You don't need to do it, but it is a way to help others to download.

Since the system works by letting other downloaders access the parts
you've already downloaded it works better if more people offer more
parts for download.

For example, right now my guess is that only I offer the complete
downloads, and even tough I have lots of bandwidth the connection to
someone downloading (possibly at the other end of the world) may not be
that fast. However, if ten people, evenly distributed across the globe
left their clients accepting connections, the chances that some random
downloader have fast access to the files increases significantly.

/noa