12" PB sleep?

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 4 08:33:00 2003

On 2 May 2003, Owen Stampflee wrote:
>Sleep is still not supported on the 12" PB due to that damn nvidia
>graphics chip. there are some pbbuttons/pmud options though cant greatly
>lower power energy while the machine is not in use.

 That's what I suspected. If this is the case, then the Terra Soft folks
might want to change this page a bit:

 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/store/index.php?submit=hardware&submitimg[hardware][apple]=1

 as it could be seen as a bit misleading (if sleep isn't supported that
is).

 I've been trying to get my 12" PB to boot with the lid closed, so that I
can put it in my KVM and have it replace my G4/400 desktop. I'm getting
close, and I can do it as long as I don't need XFree86. :-( I managed to
get it to boot so that the console appears on the external monitor, but
when X starts, it changes to the internal only. So, I'll keep an eye out
for progress on this on the Linuxppc-dev list and try again later. It sure
will be sweet when I can make this machine my desktop and laptop.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh