YDL 3.0 won't boot from CD

Ken Simpson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 7 05:53:01 2003

Quoting Robert Davis <bobdhome@sonic.net>:

> Attempting to install YDL 3.0 on Powerbook 233, but YDL 3 will not boot
> from the CD -- have tried changing the Startup Disk control panel, tried
> holding down the 'c' key on startup.  It just hangs for a while and then
> boots into OS 9.  I would like to use the "incredible new installer"
> before I resort to figuring out how to install manually.  Any help would
> be greatly appreciated -- I'm stuck without an OS!

Isn't a Powerbook 233 (Wallstreet?) Old World? I don't believe you'll
be able to book from CD regardless of whether the disks are 650MB or
700MB. I was under the impression that Old World machines required
bootx to boot linux. I used bootx to install ydl 3.0 on my Wallstreet
using the new installer.

Ken

YDL.net - The online community for Yellow Dog Linux users