Editing yaboot.conf file

Jeffrey Windsor yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 7 14:08:09 2003

Here's my file in full:

boot=/dev/hda12
device=/pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/ata-4@1f000/disk@0:
init-message="Welcome to Yellow Dog Linux!\nHit <TAB> for boot options.\n\n"
partition=13
timeout=30
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
default=linux

image=/boot/vmlinux-2.4.20-8d
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hda13
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.20-8d.img
        append="hdb=ide-scsi"

macosx=/dev/hda9
macos=/dev/hda11
defaultos=macosx
delay=10
enablecdboot

It defaults to an OS X boot, since I share the 'puter with my lovely spouse,
and she wants to stick it in Mac-ville.

Be sure that you run ybin after you made any edits. Otherwise they changes to
the file won't be reflected in yboot the next time you boot.

--jw