YDL 3.0 CDs 650 vs 700 and booting

Jerry S. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 7 22:56:00 2003

Hello YDL,

  Okay, I have got to ask why it is that YDL 3.0 ISOs can only be
  burned to 650MB CDR/CDRW media to get working copies?  2.1/2.2/2.3
  all worked fine on 700MB media in my iBook (blueberry 300MHz), but
  YDL 3.0 will only boot if I burn to 650MB CDRW (can't get 650MB CDR
  media locally).

  Yes I have verified md5sums and that the copies are error free (able
  to copy all data from CDs to HD without error on more than just one
  machine).

  I am able to boot the machine if I burn to 650MB CDRW but the
  install dies when I get to the partitioning section.  Makes no
  difference if I select Disk Druid or pDisk.  This does not appear to
  be causing any problems with the currently installed YDL 2.3.  In
  all cases so far I have chosen Graphical and Custom.  No matter what
  is chosen at the partitioning screen, it crashes and must be
  rebooted, ending the install "abnormally".  I was only able to get a
  700MB CD to boot once and that install crashed before getting into
  X, never able to boot that CD again though.

  Sorry, but I am having a hard time buying that it is my hardware
  when I can boot/install 2.1-2.3 from 700MB CDs.  Any ideas on how I
  can get past this problem?

  jer

--
Best regards,