Full boot text not displayed

Kevin Berrien yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 8 18:52:00 2003

I get the following peculiarity on my Wallstreet Powerbook when botting
YDL 3.0.  bootX is configured as No Video Driver - checked.

Upon boot I get the initial kernal displays down to:

Setup_arch: enter
Setup_arch: bootmem
arch::exit

And then no further text display, no daeomons starting, nothing until I
get the graphical login.

If I uncheck No Video Driver in bootX, I get video in 4 segments with
distortion lines, and the entire boot text IS displayed as normal,
graphical login starts up.

Any thoughts.  While its not totally damaging, it's annoying and tricky
if I had any boot failure, etc.  I am using no kernal arguments in
bootX, run 1024x768 in X Windows.

- Kevin