Novell client for YDL 3.0 and iMac

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 9 01:32:01 2003

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 12:10:06PM -0500, Petersen, Tom wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a YDL Novell client for an iMac?
>
> I found a Novell client but it doesn't complete the loading process, I get a
> can't execute binary error from the terminal window.

I can't speak for YDL 3.0, but such a client comes with YDL 2.3.  I
use it most days at work.  You need a kernel with the Novell IPX
modules compiled (the kernel that comes with YDL 2.3 has this).  Then
you need to install the ncpfs rpm that is on one of the extras CDs.
Having done this you should be ready to roll.  I created a mount point
(/mnt/novell) and log into the Netware servers at monash with a shell
script like the following:

#!/bin/sh
/sbin/ipx_configure --auto_interface=on --auto_primary=on
slist
ncpmount -S ITS-SCI1  -U username.Physics.Sci.Monash \
         -u uname -g ugrp /mnt/novell/

You need to run this as root (well, sudo is much better) and
substitute your novell username and server for the stuff on the line
following -U, then your linux username and group for uname and ugrp.

--
Stephen Harker                           Stephen.Harker@spme.monash.edu.au
School of Physics and Materials Engineering