YDL 3.0 and Radeon 9000 Pro / Apple Cinema Display 20"

Patrick Stadelmann yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 9 02:51:01 2003

Hi,

I tried installing YDL 3.0 on my PowerMac G4 (dual 1.4 GHz) and
I have some problem with the video. Installation was fine (although
I experienced the partition bug, but I was able to fix using the
pdisk update). However, when I boot YDL, the display is fine
at first (ie all the messages are correctly displayed) but at some
point, text starts appearing in the middle of the screen, and is
not correctly erased. Also, some diagonal lines appear, in white or blue.
The screen is still readable, but if I attempt to start the GUI,
then it becomes completely scrambled.

I have an Apple Cinema 20" and a Radeon 9000 pro. The installed detected
the card as a Radeon 9000 (not pro) so I changed it to 9000 Pro. The
screen was correctly detected. I reinstalled it and kept the 9000 (not pro)
default choice but it did not make any difference.

Is there anything I can do to fix this ? Is my config incompatible ?

Thanks,

Patrick
--
Patrick Stadelmann <Patrick.Stadelmann@unine.ch>