YDL 3.0 and Radeon 9000 Pro / Apple Cinema Display 20"

Patrick Stadelmann yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 9 15:19:01 2003

Dan Burcaw wrote:

> Are you operating the Cinema at the correct resolution?

Well, I dont really know. Is there a way to find out ?

During installation, I selected 1680x1050 (ie the native resolution). But
according to the doc, these settings only apply to the X configuration.
However, the display problem starts during the boot sequence, about 1 second
after the "Welcome to Yellow Dog Linux" appear. After that point, each time
a new line is written (and correctly appear at the bottom left of the screen)
all the previous text is shifted.

Also, once I get to login (still in text mode), the display is fine (except
for some pixels that were not erased) until the prompt gets to the bottom. After
that, each previous line will not appear directly above the prompt, but will be
shifted by ca. 18 characters, the third line (from the bottom) will be shifted by
ca. 36 characters, and so one. After entering the "clear" command, the same
behaviour starts again.

Is there anything specific I should check at this point ?

Thanks,

Patrick

--
Patrick Stadelmann <Patrick.Stadelmann@unine.ch>