yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #813 - 13 msgs

Thomas Kuehner yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 10 05:10:01 2003

Hi Rich

maybe one of the config files from my web-site will work.

For YDL 3.0 XF86Config-4 has to be renamed to XF86Config !

> From: "Rich Frueh" <rvf@alumni.rice.edu>
> Subject: Is there a way to re-run the initial video setup from the
> installer?

> My story is this:  I have a 7300/200, and I got YDL3.0 to install on
> it, but every time I did, I'd boot up, go into graphical login
> automatically, and get "sync out of range" on my monitor.

This is exactly the same problem I had.

What else should help is to enable "No video driver" in BootX or if this
does not work passing "video=fbdev" to the kernel in BootX instead.

Good luck,

Thomas

Thomas Kuehner

<macgix@macgix-services.com>