YDL 3.0 catch-22

Owen Stampflee yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 10 09:43:01 2003

--=-KpisdxkyeQNiKZynfgWL

> Could you explain further the use of initrd with YDL?
An initrd allows you to boot with a fairly small kernel, with everything
possible as modules. It would not be possible to make a SCSI/RAID driver
a module as the module would be located on the SCSI/RAID disk.

> I don't have a particular use for it at this point, but it's very=20
> interesting.
Yep, you can do some cool things with them.

> I gather you need to create an image file (RAM disk?) with the module=20
> you want to load
> and then it switches at boot?
Creating your own initrd is very simple... just RTFM - man mkinitrd :)

Owen

--=20
Owen Stampflee - owen@stampflee.com - http://www.stampflee.com
GnuPG Fingerprint: EDE6 48EC 4E65 BE83 D405=C3=82  B091 B170 8AF0 F875 65E0
Download My Public Key: http://www.stampflee.com/owen.asc

--=-KpisdxkyeQNiKZynfgWL

--=-KpisdxkyeQNiKZynfgWL--