Video issues are a thing of the past?

Addie Cool yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 10 23:10:01 2003

After a lot of problems and fixes I managed to install YDL 3.0 on
my Powermac with the following config:

PowerMac Dual 800 Quicksilver
1 Gig RAM
Radeon 8500
Philips 201b 21" Monitor
Adaptec 29160 scsi controller
seagate 15k RPM Hard Drive

After install X Server wont run at all, even with Fbdev driver.
Then I copied a XF86Config-4 file from a linux mandrake 9.1ppc
installation and edited a few settings to match my computer.

Then, I managed to get Xfree86 running under ydl 3.0 but using
"fbdev" and not "radeon". So I cannot get 24 Bit colour and any
kind of acceleration. Whenever I use radeon driver X server gives
"Screens found: but no usable configuration" kind of errors.

So much for "Video issues are a thing of the past" statement by
YDL guys

Please help.