YDL3 and iMac CDROM Drives

Jeremy R. Gilby yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 11 18:04:19 2003

I grew up with those kind of drives also, especially my legacy CD
players.  However, from the looks of the hardware, the iMacs are not
built for that kind of manual assistance.  (It takes a lot of force to
encourage the servos to retract the tray)  I can only see that repeated
use of this method will slowly wear down the mechanical parts of this
aparatus.  (With the iMac iLamp, the keyboard is all you need to open
and close the drive)

After doing this once, I was hoping for a more automatic way.

the eject /dev/cdrom -t command looks like it might work.