OpenOffice & ODBC

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 13 13:54:01 2003

After trying various things including the well written instructions available from unixodbc.org, I do not have a functional database connection. OOo just curls up and dies when any actual database access is attempted. Both MySQL and PostgreSQL backends are installed, running, and tested. UnixODBC is installed and tested.

OOo complains;
"Could not load the program library libodbc.so or it is corrupted. The
ODBC data source selection is not available."
when the "Organize" button is pressed.

In my reading I have found several mentions of version compatibility problems between the various parts. If anyone has a running set under YDL 2.3, could you please post the versions of MySQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC, and OOo that you are using.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please share them with the rest of the class.

Carl Brown cbsled@ncia.net