canon lide20

Thierry de Coulon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 13 16:06:01 2003

Hello!

I've got a Canon Lide20 scanner (that actually is a Plustek). I use it with
MacOS X. I recently discovered it was supported by sane.

The scanner works on my PC notebook (Toshiba) running SuSE 8.2; But on my
iBook running YDL 3.0, having configured by hand just like on SuSE (dll.conf
calls plustek and plustek.conf configured) xsane keeps saying it finds no
scanner. cat /proc/bus/usb/devices stated the scanner is there but driver is
(none).

The scanner is not in /lib/modules/<kernel>/modules.usbmap; I tried changing
one line so that I have the correct values (vendor 0x04a9, product 0x220d)
but it did not help. Any other idea?

Thierry

--
"I heard if you play the Windows XP CD backwards, you get a satanic message."
"That's nothing, if you play it forward, it installs Windows XP"