Apple Studio Display (17" LCD) woes...

Patrick Smith yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 13 21:10:01 2003

Romeyn Prescott wrote:
> Now the NEXT hurdle is WHERE can I tweak YDL to display properly
> in-between the yaboot menu and GDM?  You'll recall that this only shows
> when I installed with the 17" attached.  I installed with the 15"
> attached and when I hook up the 17" and reboot, I see NOTHING. Where is
> THAT setting stored?

Do you see the two boot prompts from yaboot and then nothing once the
kernel starts?  Or nothing ever?

Take a look in /etc/yaboot.conf; do you see "video=" anywhere?  If so,
what comes after the equals sign?

Here's an experiment to try:

Be sure your system is set to boot into text mode, not into X11.  Attach
the 17" and reboot.  Wait long enough to be sure the system has reached
the login prompt.  Then (typing slowly and being careful not to make
mistakes, because you can't see what you type on the screen), log in as
root and run this command:

	fbset 1280x1024-60

(Before trying this, maybe you should make sure you actually have the
fbset command installed.)

And what video card do you have?