Problems compiling MOL kernel modules with 2.4.20-benh kernel

Thomas Kuehner yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 14 14:50:01 2003

Hi all

as I had posted before (Different kernels on OldWorld Macs) there is a
problem running MOL with the BenH OldWorld SCSI kernel under YDL3.

I tried to fix the MOL problem because when trying to run MOL with "startmol
-a" (suggested by MOL itself!) it told me that its kernel modules have been
build to another kernel version and I should recompile the MOL kernel
modules against the kernel I use. The only way to do this is to rebuild the
modules from the MOL source but there is no documentation how to do that on
the maconlinux.org web-site.

So I tried by best guess...

I downloaded the kernel- (.bz2) and the MOL-source. I extracted MOl to
/home/thk and the kernel source to /usr/src/linux so that the path to the
kernel headers resulted in /usr/src/linux/include and passed this to the MOL
configure command from inside the MOL sources directory
/home/thk/mol-0.9.68/:

./configure KHEADERS=/usr/src/linux/include

but it broke with the statement:

"Kernel headers not configured (missing file:
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/autoconfig.h)"

And indeed the file did not exist.

Does anybody know how to create it ("autoconf config.h" inside
/usr/src/linux/include/linux did not work) or whatelse I did wrong?

Any help is appreciated. This has to be fixed!

Thomas
Thomas Kuehner

<macgix@macgix-services.com>
<http://www.macgix-services.com>