Airport/iBook/YDL3.0 problems

Jon Atkinson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 15 11:15:01 2003

Thanks for the reply, but I still have a few problems:

1) I need to use neat. I use it to switch on and off my wired connection,
and hence it's pretty much indespensible. A hardware change shouldn't make
it stop working. I've filed the relevant bug with RedHat, should I file it
with YellowDog (considering it's a RedHat tool, but I'm running YD?)

2) The connection is still broken. /sbin/ifconfig lists eth1 as dropping
packets, and I can't ping my server box. Yes, I do have a standard Airport
card; my iBook doesn't support an Airport Extreme card. I've never used
iwconfig before, and I'd much rather use the built-in neat tool.

Surely someone must have had thi problem before and fixed it (there must
be loads of iBook/Airport combinations out there running YDL).

Cheers,

--Jon