Airport/iBook/YDL3.0 problems

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 15 14:12:01 2003

At 18:12 +0100 on 2003-5-15 Jon Atkinson wrote:

 > 2) The connection is still broken. /sbin/ifconfig lists eth1 as dropping
 > packets, and I can't ping my server box. Yes, I do have a standard Airport
 > card; my iBook doesn't support an Airport Extreme card. I've never used
 > iwconfig before, and I'd much rather use the built-in neat tool.

OK, but do it once at least to see the status of your wireless
connection.  Do

    /sbin/iwconfig eth1

What does it say?  Does the information in there match the
characteristics of your network?  How about routes, are they set
properly?  Do

    /sbin/route -n

to find out.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.