A trick to compiling the kernel?

Ben Hall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 16 11:03:01 2003

Is there a trick to recompiling the kernel on PPC linux?  After many
attempts, I have been unable to get either the YDL3.0 default or
experimental kernel to compile cleanly.  Both die in a myriad of places.
 The experimental kernel died last for me when compiling the radeon
module, but that was after I went in and removed the SCSI MESH option
and many others.  The default kernel also failed compiling the i2c
modules, and didn't like ti when I tried to compile FireWire support
right in (rather than as a module.)

I'm just doing a standard make menuconfig, make dep && make clean &&
make vmlinux && make modules && make modules_install on my ibook2.  Any
ideas about what goes on?

Cheers,

Ben