Airport/iBook/YDL3.0 problems

Jon Atkinson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 17 09:17:00 2003

I tried setting the rate, but no joy.

I've been playing around with some stuff I found on the net regarding
getting this card to work; I have seen some interesting information which
I'm not sure applied to YD3. First, I've read that the Airport doesn't
support DHCP. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Also, /sbin/ifup eth1 is giving me the following information:

Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device eth1 ; Operation not supported.

This coupled with the errors I was recieving in an earlier post about
differing versions of Wireless Extension leads me to believe that either
the Airport modules with YD3 or the wireless-tools is out of date.

Should I try to update the module and wireless tools? Looking at Jean's
wireless page it seems the wireless tools is up to version 20+.

To tell the truth I feel a little intimidated having to recompile my
kernel (for the airport.o module) and the wireless tools. Can anyone
suggest a method of working around this, or even somewhere I could pick up
some RPMs to do the above for me?

As a friend told me, the problem seems fixable (thanks to the fairly
verbose error messages I'm recieveing, I think I can pinpoint where I'm
going wrong). Just as an aside, does /anyone/ have a working
iBook2/Airport combo working with YDL?

Cheers,

--Jon