Airport/iBook/YDL3.0 problems

Jon Atkinson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 18 14:32:01 2003

Everyone,

Well, I'm not sure what happened, but everything has just started working.

I had a little extra space on my iBook's HDD, so I decided to install OS X
just to check if my Airport card actually worked (I was beginning to
wonder if I had bad hardware, not software). Everything worked fine after
I ran the Apple Airport installer I got on the CD with the Airport card.

I then booted back into YDL, and my Airport card was working. I'm not sure
if the Apple installer updates the firmware, or maybe somehow switches on
the card, but now everything is working fine again. Who knows; one of
those little mysteries, I guess.

Thanks for everyone's help, I appreciate it very much :-)

--Jon