Firewire HDs

Ben Hall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 18 19:07:00 2003

Hmm, some progress?  Here's what dmesg tells me:

 ieee1394: Node 01:1023 has non-standard ROM format (0 quads), cannot parse
ieee1394: sbp2: Logged into SBP-2 device
ieee1394: sbp2: Node[01:1023]: Max speed [S400] - Max payload [2048]
ieee1394: Device added: Node[01:1023]  GUID[0030e001e0005bcc]  [Oxford
Semiconductor Ltd.   ]

I still, however, cannot see the device from any programs.  I'm assuming
it would use /dev/sda, at least that's what happened in RH9.

What happens when your drive is plugged in?

Ben