Problems installing

Ed Rivenbark yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun May 18 20:11:00 2003

  It sounds like some of your packages are corrupt.  Is it a downloaded
ISO or a retail CD?  If it is an ISO, I would take a look at the
checksums and make sure they are correct.  If not, you need to
re-download and try burning it again.  Maybe there was an error in the
burning process also, but seeing as the other two CD's worked fine I
don't think it was a burning error.  Most likely the ISO is corrupt.

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com] On Behalf
Of hotFusion
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 6:08 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Problems installing

I am having a little problem installing YDL 3.0 on my Sawtooth G4 (AGP,
400 mhz.).  The install goes perfectly until I get to Disc 3,
specifically the kdearts package.  The installer complains that it
cannot open the kdearts RPM package and the proceeds to crash, dumping
me into a text screen which eventually tells me it is safe to reboot,
this after it ejects the CD.  Is anyone else having this problem or can
anyone give me any advice?
---
All you need are two atoms and a lot of heat.