QMAIL

chip yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 20 17:47:01 2003

Everyone is entitled to any opinion, but I would say this one is
wrongheaded.  The license simply states that you may not distribute qmail in
a modified form.  When you are distributing a code base that you don't want
to see broken, compromised, or "embraced and extended", this is reasonable.
He is still making the source available for free, and you can modify for you
own use anyway that you choose . . .

It is a robust, simple and pretty darn secure application that I much prefer
for my home machine than sendmail . . .

As far as install, download the source, unzip and untar it and read the
INSTALL docs, all of them, fully, seriously . . . :-)

Just redid last night after upgrading to 3.0

Do this, and if you are still having problems, post the specific problem and
I will try to help . . .

Chip