Network Config Error--help!

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 21 07:40:01 2003

At 05:50 -0700 on 2003-5-21 Ziyad.Saeed@asu.edu wrote:

 > Well it says dhcpcd command not found.

Umm, just discovered that the dhcpcd package is not installed in YDL
3.  It has been apparently replaced by dhclient which I know little of
since my YDL 3 machine uses static routes.  Try anyway

    /sbin/dhclient ethX

instead of the suggested

    /sbin/dhcpcd -d ethX

or look for source RPMs of dhcpcd on http://rpmfind.net (has been
working for me for a while, so I do recommend it...).

Now that I started talking about it, it also came to my mind that the
problem with your RH tool not accepting the line "KEY=off" might be
because it want instead a line like this:

KEY=""

So try to change/add the corresponding line in ifcfg-ethX before
entering the dhclient/dhcpcd debate, this might be the simplest
solution after all.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.