iBook video problems on install

Eric Knapp yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 21 16:32:01 2003

Hi,

I have searched the archive and I can't find this. Many apologies if
this is a repeat. I'm trying to install YDL 3.0 on a 700 mhz dual USB
iBook. I have installed linux several times but this is my first on
Apple hardware. The install went fine but the video won't work. I just
used the defaults that the installer found. Here is the applicable
parts of the XF86Config file:

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier   "Monitor0"
         VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
         ModelName    "Monitor Model"
         HorizSync   31.5-37.9
         VertRefresh 50-70
         Option "dpms"

EndSection

Section "Device"
	# no known options
	Identifier   "ATI Radeon Mobility M6"
         Driver       "radeon"
         VendorName   "ATI Radeon Mobility M6"
         BoardName     "ATI Radeon Mobility M6"

         #BusID
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier   "Screen0"
         Device       "ATI Radeon Mobility M6"
         Monitor      "Monitor0"
	DefaultDepth	16

	Subsection "Display"
         	Depth       16
                 Modes       "1024x768"
	EndSubsection

EndSection

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to build a lab at
the college where I teach.

Thanks,

-Eric