QMAIL

Romeyn Prescott yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 21 19:16:01 2003

At 11:38 AM -0500 5/21/03, Garth W Martin scribbled:
>My sole issue with it all is that i can not seem to find a howto on how to
>apply all of these patches that are needed to get the darn thing to work or
>even compile at that. I checked the life with qmail er rather the life
>without qmail cause it doesnt tell you how to apply the patches just refers
>you back to the website. Which still does not tell you have to apply the
>patches... I have searched google to no avail and have looked at the mailing
>list archives for yellowdog and qmail and still not a breath or hint from
>any of my searching over the last 4 days.
>
>Can anyone give me a well written and step by step how to on patching every
>"feature/bug" of qmail???
>
>Do this and I might be able to get round the dreaded errno compile error...

At the risk of sounding like one of the dill-holes that populate the
qmail support list, you didn't read far enough.

Section 2.5.5 of LWQ gives you a link to "patches":

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/images/dilbert2004878130521.gif

Section 5.10.1.1 says:

This patch fixes a problem with missing errno.h inclusions. See
http://news.gmane.org/article.php?id=13960&group=gmane.mail.qmail.general
for a detailed explanation and the patch itself.

THAT site explains the problem in more detail than *I* could follow:

But section 5.10.1 of LWQ takes you to the qmail.org site's Patches section:

http://qmail.org/top.html#patches

Where it clearly points you to Mate Wierdl's site of patches for ALL
of Dan Bernstein's software:

http://qmail.org/moni.csi.hu/pub/glibc-2.3.1/

This includes an "instructions" doc on how to apply the patches.

It's all there, in black and white, my friend.  Click on and get started!

...ROMeyn

--
http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/signat-url.htm