YDL rescue CD?

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 21 22:25:01 2003

On Wed May 21 2003, Felix Jodoin wrote:

> No, It's linux rescue. I should know, I used it today; to boot linux off
> a drive with this you can type: linux rescue root=/dev/hda* (* is the
> number of the linux root drive.)

No, I think that's what you can do if you just need to re-run ybin.
If your root partition is possibly screwed up, you don't want to specify
it as your root to boot from.  I believe the "install rescue" probably
uses an initrd to boot from, so you can then safely for example
fsck /dev/hdaX where X is the root partition.  I hope I have that
straight but as I said earlier I haven't actually tried it myself.
And I would hope TerraSoft wouldn't make such a blunder on their
main Support web page.

						-Bill