Network Config Error--help!

ron yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 22 00:28:00 2003

Have you tried configuring the interface manually using ifconfig?

You might also need to do a route add default as well.

Settings made this way will go away once you reboot, but you can use
them to test things and make sure that everything works, then figure
out a way to permanently configure it.

I'm new to YDL and haven't had a chance to figure out how it boots (it
is really different from BSD which I am more familiar with), but
somewhere in the startup sequence it probably calls ifconfig and you
can probably edit those scripts directly to assign it the IP, gateway,
etc that you want to use.

Are you trying to configure the built in ethernet interface (probably
eth0) or the airport card (probably eth1) or both?

What do you get when you run /sbin/ifconfig -a  ?