Installing mplayer using apt -something is very off in the update of rpm sources from ayo.freshrpms.net

Sergio Valdes-Flores yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 22 07:34:01 2003

--Apple-Mail-2-141325284

Hello "tocayo" (sergio rubio)
I followed your advice of adding your line below to
/etc/apt/sources.list
I did apt-get update
and apt-get install xine
everything fine.
I then went ahead and decided to immediately install mplayer
so I did apt-get update
apt-get install mplayer
and it fetched about 9 more packages (supposedly checking dependencies
in the background, right?)
it looked just as clean as with xine...
it is all going to come not from yellowdog but from ayo.freshrpms.net,
supposedly, although both places are in the sources.list
when it finished, and I did another apt-get update
all hell broke loose
all of the systems dependencies in the packages, from a to z were
broken!!
REINSTALL
JODER!!!
what is going wrong with this site and with mplayer specifically?
If anyone on the list want to crash beyond repair your system, just
follow the steps.
Sergio

> Message: 5
> From: Sergio Rubio <sergio.rubio@hispalinux.es>
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: Re: Installing XINE
> Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 23:30:49 +0200

--Apple-Mail-2-141325284

Hello "tocayo" (sergio rubio)

I followed your advice of adding your line below to
/etc/apt/sources.list

I did apt-get update

and apt-get install xine

everything fine.

I then went ahead and decided to immediately install mplayer

so I did apt-get update

apt-get install mplayer

and it fetched about 9 more packages (supposedly checking dependencies
in the background, right?)

it looked just as clean as with xine...

it is all going to come not from yellowdog but from ayo.freshrpms.net,
supposedly, although both places are in the sources.list

when it finished, and I did another apt-get update

all hell broke loose

all of the systems dependencies in the packages, from a to z were
broken!!

REINSTALL

JODER!!!

what is going wrong with this site and with mplayer specifically?

If anyone on the list want to crash beyond repair your system, just
follow the steps.

Sergio

<excerpt>Message: 5