Installing mplayer using apt -something is very off in the update of rpm sources from ayo.freshrpms.net

Sergio Rubio yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 22 14:24:07 2003

El Jueves, 22 de Mayo de 2003 15:34, Sergio Valdes-Flores escribi=F3:

> supposedly, although both places are in the sources.list
> when it finished, and I did another apt-get update
> all hell broke loose
> all of the systems dependencies in the packages, from a to z were
> broken!!
> REINSTALL
> JODER!!!
> what is going wrong with this site and with mplayer specifically?
> If anyone on the list want to crash beyond repair your system, just
> follow the steps.
> Sergio

Umm... sorry about that man. I have to mention that I upgraded the apt pack=
age=20
from freshrpms before installing anything from there. It may be the cause o=
f=20
our different situation. I had problems using the apt package from yellowdo=
g.

[rubiojr@dotless rubiojr]$ apt-cache policy apt
apt:
  Installed: 0.5.5cnc5-fr3
  Candidate: 0.5.5cnc5-fr3
  Version Table:
** 0.5.5cnc5-fr3 0
        500 http://ayo.freshrpms.net yellowdog/3.0/ppc/freshrpms pkglist
        100 RPM Database
     0.5.5cnc4.1-1b 0
        500 http://ayo.freshrpms.net yellowdog/3.0/ppc/os pkglist

0.5.5cnc5-fr3 0 is the apt package that i have installed.

Cheers.

> > Message: 5
> > From: Sergio Rubio <sergio.rubio@hispalinux.es>
> > To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com