Announcing OpenOffice.org 1.1 Beta2

S.M.Kelly yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu May 22 15:54:01 2003

--=-rPNbDS9eOz01zSH/tlSP

Kevin,
Is this the same build from a week or so ago that you told us about and
I installed?  I've been very happy with it so far and haven't found any
bugs yet.

Sean M. Kelly
=========================
SMKSensei@Mac.com
"A Windows professional who uses a Mac running Linux."
Harrisburg, PA

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 17:33, Kevin B. Hendricks wrote:

> Announcing OpenOffice.org 1.1 Beta2
>
> We are glad to announce that the Beta 2 of the next version of
> the OpenOffice.org Office Suite - OpenOffice.org 1.1 - is now
> available for download from:
>
> 	For YDL 3.0 users and other PPC Linux distributions using glibc-2.3.2
>
>         http://porting.openoffice.org/linuxppc/ppclinks.html
>
> or for Linux x86, Solaris Sparc, WIN from
>
> 	http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.1beta2/index.html
>
> Versions are coming or already available for Mac OSX (X11), FreeBSD,
> Irix, Solaris x86 and etc.
>
> Openoffice.org 1.1 Beta2 represents a significant advance in the
> application and incorporates the features and changes introduced
> in the developer builds over the past year.  The release includes
> a massive amount of new and exciting functionality, features and
> bugfixes compared to the OpenOffice.org 1.0.x releases, the
> highlights of which are:
>
> 	* Many new import/export formats like DocBook, several
> 	  PDA Office file formats, flat XML and XHTML
> 	* Support for PDF and Macromedia Flash export
> 	* Support for Complex Text Layout (CTL) and vertical writing
> 	  languages such as Thai, Hindi, Arabic, Hebrew
> 	* Enhanced integration with Java
> 	* Support for Accessibility
> 	* Enhanced support for add-on components
> 	* Improved online help
> 	* Support for new languages and locales
>
> New since OpenOffice.org 1.1 beta:
>
> 	* Support for printer independent layout
> 	* GUI support for xslt based filters
> 	* Improvements to pdf export
> 	* Enhanced ole editing support on windows
> 	* A large number of bugfixes
>
> For a more complete list of features please see:
>
> 	http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.1beta2/features.html
>
> For people interested in getting started helping OpenOffice.org become
> better, faster and above all more bugfree, a page detailing how to best
> file bugs, how to help the QA project deal with bug reports, how to
> run OpenOffice.org with Valgrind and a number of ready made bug query
> scripts, exists at:
>
> 	http://www.kegel.com/openoffice/
>
> Thanks for supporting the OpenOffice.org project.
>
> Forwarded by:
>
> Kevin B. Hendricks
> PPC Linux Port Maintainer
> OpenOffice.org

--=-rPNbDS9eOz01zSH/tlSP

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Kevin,<BR>
Is this the same build from a week or so ago that you told us about and I installed?&nbsp; I've been very happy with it so far and haven't found any bugs yet.<BR>
<BR>
<TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
<TD>
Sean M. Kelly<BR>
=========================<BR>
<A HREF="mailto:SMKSensei@Mac.com">SMKSensei@Mac.com</A><BR>
&quot;A Windows professional who uses a Mac running Linux.&quot;<BR>
Harrisburg, PA
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<PRE><FONT COLOR="#737373" SIZE="3"><I>Announcing OpenOffice.org 1.1 Beta2

We are glad to announce that the Beta 2 of the next version of
the OpenOffice.org Office Suite - OpenOffice.org 1.1 - is now
available for download from:

	For YDL 3.0 users and other PPC Linux distributions using glibc-2.3.2

        </FONT><A HREF="http://porting.openoffice.org/linuxppc/ppclinks.html"><FONT SIZE="3">http://porting.openoffice.org/linuxppc/ppclinks.html</FONT></A>
<FONT COLOR="#737373" SIZE="3">
or for Linux x86, Solaris Sparc, WIN from

	</FONT><A HREF="http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.1beta2/index.html"><FONT SIZE="3">http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.1beta2/index.html</FONT></A>
<FONT COLOR="#737373" SIZE="3">
[...]

	</FONT><A HREF="http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.1beta2/features.html"><FONT SIZE="3">http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.1beta2/features.html</FONT></A>
<FONT COLOR="#737373" SIZE="3">
For people interested in getting started helping OpenOffice.org become
better, faster and above all more bugfree, a page detailing how to best
file bugs, how to help the QA project deal with bug reports, how to
run OpenOffice.org with Valgrind and a number of ready made bug query
scripts, exists at:

	</FONT><A HREF="http://www.kegel.com/openoffice/"><FONT SIZE="3">http://www.kegel.com/openoffice/</FONT></A>
<FONT COLOR="#737373" SIZE="3">
Thanks for supporting the OpenOffice.org project.

Forwarded by:

Kevin B. Hendricks
PPC Linux Port Maintainer
OpenOffice.org

</BLOCKQUOTE>
<PRE><TABLE CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="100%">
<TR>
<TD>
<BR>
</TD>