3.0 install - keymap problems on an 8500

Pat Plummer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 23 14:10:02 2003

Rob:

Try passing the argument < keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1> (without
the < >'s o'course :) ) to the kernel via bootx. That should fix it --
works on my ANS with adb.

(thanks, Mark!)

Pat
On Friday, May 23, 2003, at 12:01 US/Mountain,
yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:

> Boot into the 3.0 install. I select English language and then US
> keyboard. At this point my key map is hosed. My buttons are all
> shifted around, making it impossible to get any further in the
> install, or even to switch to terminal. My box is a Power Mac 8500
> using the standard ADB mouse and keyboard. Is there any arguments I
> could pass through bootx to fix this?
>
> -Rob