was "Guide to Installation" my foot! -- now "making ydl rich"

mike newman yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon May 26 17:28:01 2003

On Mon, 26 May 2003, Christopher Murtagh wrote:

> On Mon, 26 May 2003, mike newman wrote:
> >i recently bought ydl 2.3 (just days before 3.0 was announced), wanting
> >to actually give ydl some money for their fine product. however, i live
> >in canada, so shipping, plus duties,taxes etc meant that i spent almost
> >twice as much as they received.
>
>  Then why not subscribe to YDL.net as an enhanced member? The cost is
> about the same as buying it, without the shipping. And if you really need
> a physical CD set, I'd be happy to snail mail one to any YDL.net
> subscriber in Canada.

i need a physical CD set so i can install the OS. who burns it is largely
irrelevant. YDL needs money, because programmers gotta eat too. they
already have enough to do: i don't want them to take on another expense
(t-shirts, web-based mail or whatever.......), i just want to give them
money for what they've already done. whatever ydl.net is, it costs ydl
money providing a service that ydl might not be the most qualified on the
planet to do (obviously they are the most qualified to provide linux
distros :-).

i don't want to make a big deal about it, i just want my warm fuzzy
satisfied user feeling to translate in the most profit for ydl as
possible (and therefore the best OS, in the long run).

mike