Screenshots?

Joe Froehlich yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 27 06:52:01 2003

I have Redhat 8 on a PC and the directory /root/anaconda-screenhsots/
doesn't exist...of course, I didn't shoot any screens during the install.
Maybe the directory isn't created unless you actually capture screens?. I'll
have to try it.

Secondly, on the G4 side of things, how would you do a shift-printscreen
since there is no printscreen key on the Mac? Command-Shift-3 certainly
doesn't work.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com]On Behalf
Of Matthias Saou
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 8:16 AM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: Screenshots?

Shingo IWAFUJI wrote :

> >Yes, you can run Linux inside MOL. That's exactly what I've been trying
> >to do. The only problem I now have is that I can get MOL to boot from
> >the YD install CD.
>
> I think MOL doesn't support booting from CD except Mac OS.
> I tried it before but failed.
>
> You can capture the screens by another way.
[...]

This is getting seriously complicated! Did Yellow Dog Linux drop the
anaconda feature of taking installation screenshots? It's possible since at
least Red Hat Linux 8.0, from its release notes :

  o During a graphical installation, you can now press SHIFT-Print Screen
    and a screenshot of the current installation screen will be taken.
    These are stored in the following directory:

      /root/anaconda-screenshots/

    The screenshots can be accessed once the newly-installed system is
    rebooted.

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030526 running Linux kernel 2.4.20-20.1.2002.nptl
Load : 0.57 0.48 0.40