OpenOffice.org paste problem

Kevin.Hendricks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue May 27 07:35:01 2003

Hi,

> Thanks for the tips.  Does anyone know if RPMs for 1.1 or 1.0.3 are
> forthcoming?

Please note the official YellowDog rpms of OpenOffice.org can include
full GPL pieces (dictionaries and things) that the official OOo can not
(since it is LGPL) and visa-versa.  The license issues are a bit tricky
so the YDL 3 build must be built with a particular set of patches.

Also note that OOo 1.1 is still in Beta series (and will hopefully stay
there another
round or to).

So I strongly recommend installing OOo 1.1 Beta2 from the official OOo
installer
so it will not collide or replace or override ANY of the YDL OOo rpm
contents at all.
That way you can keep the official rpm YDL version as well as play with
the OOo
1.1 Beta series until it stabilizes.

We (OOo) do not have an official YDL 3.0 packager at all.  I maintain
the official OOo PPC Linux port for all PPC Linux platforms and not just
YDL 3, so if any of you are looking for a way to help both OOo and YDL,
please consider joining OOo as a YDL 3.0 packager and  make official
YDL 3
rpms for each release.

Pleas send me mail (and CC Dan Burcaw) privately if interested in that
job.

Thanks,

Kevin