YDL on Xserve

Mackay, Michael yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed May 28 10:56:01 2003

Geoff,

Thanks for the advice. I'll certainly give the XFree86 update a try, and =
the recompile of the driver modules.
I'll save the remake of the kernel for when I get the time and guts to =
do it, and if the above does not fix it.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey S. Mendelson [mailto:gsm@mendelson.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 12:36 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: YDL on Xserve

Mackay, Michael wrote:

> Second, I can't get X running, because the radeon_drv.o driver has =
unsatisfied symbols when X tries to use it.  What is the problem here?  =
Are the driver and the version of X that I have incompatible?

I've installed many radeon cards on X86 machines, and here is what I =
did:

(I'm not sure it will help but it's worth emailing anyway)

1. I built a new kernel. On Intel machines it need AGP support AS A =
MODULE
   and radeon support AS A MODULE.

2. I downloaded and compiled XFREE 4.3.0. The compile step is not
   really necessary but I already had done it.

3. I located the Radeon DRI modules that went into the kernel and =
compiled
   them.=20

4. I moved the modules to the appropriate place in the kernel.

It worked.

If you post the names of some of the missing modules, someone
may be able to tell you what to do without all of the above.=20

Geoff.
--=20
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm@mendelson.com 972-54-608-069
Do sysadmins count networked sheep?