iMac G4 flat panel-MOL in 8 bit only?

Steven Major yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 30 06:25:00 2003

Hello,

I've posted the below to the MOL list, and have not had a reply as of
yet.  I figure some YDL 3.0 users must be running MOL in a similar
configuration as well and may be able to help me out.

I'm running Yellow Dog 3.0 on an iMac 15" flat panel.  I get 24 and 32
bit color on it running Gnome.

I've run the molvconfig utility and the only answers of "YES" to are
for various modes in 8bit color only.

I've attempted to customize some settings in
/usr/share/mol/0.9.68/vmodes based on settings I get displayed using
the command fbset and then running molvconfig again.  My custom
settings are there, accepted, but again only in 8 bit.

Does anyone have a clue, hint, or ouija-board reading for me ;-) ?

Thanks!
-Steve
--
Steven Major (majorsl@potsdam.edu/AOL Instant Messenger: StevesG3)