emac

Pierre-Olivier JOMAIN yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri May 30 09:33:01 2003

5/29/03 4:16, Jeffrey Hergan wrote:

> I get conflicting info from the YDL site, one page saying that the emac
> is supported, another saying that it is not (nonfunctional viseo).
>
> I have an eMac that I'd like to install YDL on but naturally I hesitate
> to buy it if the machine doesn't run it (even if I might run it on my
> old Powerbook just for kicks).
> I also don't want to waste the bandwidth of downloading three (6?) cds
> worth of in for naught.
>
> So:  what's the scoop?  Can I run a fully-functional ydl on my eMac?

I successfully installed YDL 3.0 on my eMac (The only non-functionnaly stuff
was the anaconda graphical installer ... But it works great on text-mode).
But (there is always a but) I have an old eMac with a Geforce 2MX and I
believe that the only eMac that are shipping now are builted with a Radeon
9500. So I don't know if it works with the Radeon card but be sure with the
nVidia YDL 3.0 works great !

Ciao

PS: You can only download the 3 install CDs

Pierre-Olivier JOMAIN
mailto:pojomain@free.fr