Firewire CD-RW...

bruce woller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat May 31 07:46:01 2003

--Apple-Mail-2-919639542

On Saturday, May 31, 2003, at 06:54  AM, Dylan wrote:

> I also keep seeing something about a shell script by the name of
> 'rescan-scsi-bus.sh', but cannot for the life of me find it anywhere.
> Is this shell for i386?  Is there a sub for it under YDL?
>
> Dylan

Dylan:

Here is a link to a copy:

http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/rescan-scsi-bus.sh

I have had very similar problems with a G3 B&W.  With the G3 I need to
use the pciLynx and I2C drivers to enable firewire.  gscanbus sees the
drive but it won't mount no matter what I try.  My suspicion is that
the drive I have (Smartdisk 8/16) does not play by all the 1394 rules
so it is not recognized by the sbp2 driver.  (Just a guess).

Regards,
Bruce

--Apple-Mail-2-919639542

I also keep seeing something about a shell script by the name of
'rescan-scsi-bus.sh', but cannot for the life of me find it anywhere.
Is this shell for i386?  Is there a sub for it under YDL?

Dylan

</excerpt>

Dylan:

Here is a link to a copy:

had very similar problems with a G3 B&W.  With the G3 I need to use
the pciLynx and I2C drivers to enable firewire.  gscanbus sees the
drive but it won't mount no matter what I try.  My suspicion is that
the drive I have (Smartdisk 8/16) does not play by all the 1394 rules
so it is not recognized by the sbp2 driver.  (Just a guess).

Regards,

--Apple-Mail-2-919639542--