Red Hat Announcement

Chris Croome yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Nov 4 08:50:01 2003

Hi

On Tue 04-Nov-2003 at 09:34:56AM -0600, Drew Lane wrote:

> Anyway, I read in the article link above that Red Hat will be
> discontinuing it's free Linux distro.

There is loads of FUD about at the moment, RedHat are making the
main distro _more_ free, opening up development to the community and
they have changed the name so that anyone can burn and sell CDs,
more info here:

  http://fedora.redhat.com/

I think it is really good what RedHat are doing :-)

> How does this effect Yellow Dog?

It's a good thing for YD also, it means that PPC stuff can be fixed
in Fedora -- best fix stuff upstream.

> It was my understanding that YDL is based upon RH, no?

Yep.

I've been trying to do some FUD squashing on slashdot, but people
are really not getting it yet... *sigh*

Chris

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>