3.0.1 kudzu and Firewire

Gavin Hemphill yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 20 13:07:03 2003

Dan:
	I've done some more experimentation but don't have any answers yet.
The "Powermac G4 Silver" works fine if both Adaptec cards are removed.
Just the same as the TI Powerbook, wallstreet, Imac 500, and Lombard (I
haven't had time to work with a G5 yet as my access to it is limited) do
with 2.4.22-2f or 2.4.22-2a.  If either the Adaptec 2930CU mac, or the
Adaptec 29160 mac cards are installed I get a machine check during boot
with both kernels (I'll take a picture of the screens the next time I
have access to the machine).  So somewhere between 20-8d and 22-2a the
Adaptec driver has changed.  I'd try building more of the bitkeeper benh
kernels to narrow it down but I don't know how your revision scheme
translates back into Ben's tree.  Do you have a bk tree I could clone to
do the testing from?
	G++