PCMCIA problems

Max Malzkuhn yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 20 17:14:02 2003

--0-1588835973-1069373599=:67239

Actually, I also have a NetGear wireless card and when I put it in instead, things work normally.  I can issue the modprobe commands and then the cardctl ident and even the iwconfig and it shows the NetGear card.  Presumably this means something is working right, but it all goes wrong as soon as I try to use the usb/cardbus card.

Max Malzkuhn <k6max@pacbell.net> wrote:
I have a g3 wallstreet with YDL 3.0 installed.  I have a "generic" cardbus usb card that provides usb capability to the powerbook.  It works fine in OS9.2 and OS X 10.28, but when I try to use it in YDL, I run into problems.  I have tried some of the things I've seen on the list but am encountering a strange problem.  If I enter the following commands:

modprobe pcmcia_core

modprobe yenta_socket

modprobe ds

my system locks up at this point.  If I unplug the card, the system comes back.  If I plug the card back in, the system locks up.  Any ideas?  I would really like to use the usb keyboard and mouse with YDL, but obviously need to get pcmcia to work first.

--0-1588835973-1069373599=:67239

<DIV>Actually, I also have a NetGear wireless card and when I put it in instead, things work normally.&nbsp; I can issue the modprobe commands and then the cardctl ident and even the iwconfig and it shows the NetGear card.&nbsp; Presumably this means something is working right, but it all goes wrong as soon as I try to use the usb/cardbus card.<BR><BR><B><I>Max Malzkuhn &lt;k6max@pacbell.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>I have a g3 wallstreet with YDL 3.0 installed.&nbsp; I have a "generic" cardbus usb card that provides usb capability to the powerbook.&nbsp; It works fine in OS9.2 and OS X 10.28, but when I try to use it in YDL, I run into problems.&nbsp; I have tried some of the things I've seen on the list but am encountering a strange problem.&nbsp; If I enter the following commands:</P>
<P>modprobe pcmcia_core</P>
<P>modprobe yenta_socket</P>
<P>modprobe ds&nbsp; </P>
<P>my system locks up at this point.&nbsp; If I unplug the card, the system comes back.&nbsp; If I plug the card back in, the system locks up.&nbsp; Any ideas?&nbsp; I would really like to use the usb keyboard and mouse with YDL, but obviously need to get pcmcia to work first.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
--0-1588835973-1069373599=:67239--