unable to connect to Yellow Dog Linux machine through telnet

Geoffrey S. Mendelson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 20 18:25:04 2003

Gavin Hemphill wrote:
> You only think you require telnet.  Describe what you are trying to do
> and many people will tell you how to acomplish it without telnet.

My YDL machine is powered off at the moment, so I'm working from memory
here. If you MUST have telnet support make sure to limit it to your
LAN or those hosts that need it.

The places would be in /etc/hosts.allow:
in.telnetd:		hostname or IP range.

and in xinet.d/telnet:
	only_from = hostname or IP range.

Check man pages for syntax.

However, if you know a system that does NOT have an ssh (even the old ssh1)
implementation please let us know what it is, as I can't recall one.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm@mendelson.com 972-54-608-069
Icq/AIM Uin: 2661079 MSN IM: geoffrey_mendelson@hotmail.com (Not for email)