Install crashes at partition section

Dan Wilson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Nov 25 23:29:02 2003

I'm having problems installing YDL 3.0 on a PowerMac G4. I've added a
second internal drive for Linux (I'm well aware of the issue with
installing YDL on the second internal drive). Every time the
installation gets to the disk partitioning section, the installation
pops up a general error (I'll write down the exact text of the error)
and quits. I've tried using automatic partitioning, Disk Druid and
pdisk. It doesn't matter what I choose... YDL still stops the
installation procedure at the same spot.

I installed YDL on an iBook, and that installation went fine. And a
went well. Only two things have changed since the original install: The
primary drive died and was replaced, and I installed Panther, though I
didn't reformat the secondary drive.

Thanks.