Flash on Mozilla?

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Nov 27 14:59:02 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 07:59:10PM +0200, Antti Heinonen wrote:
> On 27 Nov 2003, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:
>
> > Flash is a proprietary binary-only product and Macromedia doesn't
> > provide a version for Linux PPC. So we get by without it.
> >
> > Has its perks -- cuts by 50% annoying adverts. :)
>
> Great... that means I will not be able to read my Cisco CNA material for
> two months..

You could always try one of the third party implementations of flash.
I have seen references to http://sourceforge.net/projects/swfdec/
which was said to implement some of the flash features.  How useful it
is I don't know as I have never bothered to try installing it.
Personally I am happy to do without flash, but a lot of people and a
few sites really need it.  I think there are some references to the
swfdec package in the archives for this list.  Good luck.

--
Stephen Harker                           Stephen.Harker@spme.monash.edu.au
School of Physics & Materials Engineering