Install crashes at partition section

Chris Gehlker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Nov 28 20:32:02 2003

On Nov 28, 2003, at 5:47 PM, Bruce Miller wrote:

> I installed YDL3.0 successfully on a partitioned drive with Panther
> present without issue. Yaboot boots YDL, 10.3.1, OS9 fine. The HFS+
> Journaling only affects that partition AFAIK.

I agree that you can install YDL with Panther present. What you can't
do is install YDL on any drive that was partitioned with the Panther
version of Disk Utility. This is not just my experience. I was at an
installfest and no one could successfully instal YDL on any machine
that had been touched by Disk Utility version 10.4. It really doesn't
matter whether the partitions are journaled or not. Even completely
erasing a disk with Disk Utility 10.4 and trying to install YDL in free
space won't work.