Kernel of Ben

Jim Potter yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Nov 29 11:21:03 2003

The first one is the binary kernel -- this will work and boot your mac,
but you don't have source code.  If you only want to *run* the new
kernel, this is the one for you.  It's around 3 MegaBytes in size.

The second one is the source code.  You will need to install it,
configure things, and compile the kernel before running.  If you want to
change some of the kernel options (etc) or get involved with kernel
development, this is the one for you.  It's over 31 MegaBytes.