powerbook 17"

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Oct 2 09:10:01 2003

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?hw_cat_id=4

PowerBook 2003 G4 (GeForce440Go) (17") Video information
video Yes*   Boot method yaboot**   Supported? No***

* Installer will crash on video configuration, so choose a text
login. Upon reboot, log in as root and type:

Xautoconfig

to enable X-Windows.

** Add:

nol3

to your kernel arguments. This disables level 3 cache, slowing down
your computer.

*** While video, sound, ethernet, and the primary functions are
enabled with a set of beta ISOs available from the mirrors, thermal
management is _not_ enabled. Therefore, running YDL on the 17" MAY
CAUSE PERMANENT DAMAGE and is therefore not recommended at this point
in time. There is no slated schedule for support of thermal
management.

As a result, we do not support the PowerBook 17".